Automotive: Minor Tune Up and Repair
@ Kauai Community College
This course has been designed to help you understand some of the basic principles involved in the operation and maintenance of various parts of the automobile.
Upon successful completion of Minor tune-Up and Repair participants should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the principles of operation of the automobile.
- Develop skill in performing routine maintenance on automobiles.
- Develop knowledge and ability necessary to recognize components that need replacement or repair.
- Develop knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair minor mechanical and electrical trouble in the automobile in a safe manner.
- Identify and develop skill in the use and care of basic tools and equipment used in automotive service and repair.
- Develop good house keeping and safe work habits.
- Interpret automotive service manuals.
- Develop self-Confidence and initiative.
- Develop an appreciation for quality workmanship.
- Develop the ability to cooperate with fellow workers.
- Develop communication skills - the ability to listen, to understand, and to be understood.
Certificate of Professional Development
Cost of Program
$875 – "Do I have to pay this?"
About This Provider
Kauai Community College
Offering training in Kaua'i County
— see all programs from this provider
Description of School
It is an accredited 2-year public community college and the only college on the island. Its 200-acre campus is located just west of the major town of Lihue. Kauai Community College is committed to the students and community that it serves. OCET is committed to providing professional development and personal enrichment classes.
Accreditation and/or Licensing Agency
Accrediting Commission for the Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Financial Aid Options
Yes, Kauai Community College has a financial aid department.
This provider is accessible to people with disabilities.
This provider does offer job placement services to its students.
Office of Continuing Education and Training
3-1901 Kaumualii Hwy
Lihue, HI 96766
ETP Approval Dates
Last Approved On: January 1, 2013
Valid Through: June 30, 2017