MCITP - Server Administrator
@ Honolulu Community College
If you are using Server 2008, you will want to be trained in this Server platform. Skills learned as an MCSA and MCSE are valuable if you work in an environment running Server 2008. To contribute to your organization, Server Administration using Server 2008 is required. PCATT's approach is to teach in a quick yet hands-on style. You will learn basic concepts and apply them to real world environments. Areas covered in this course are:
- Configuring Windows Server 2008 Active Directory [Exam 70-640]
- Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure [Exam 70-642]
- Windows 2008 Server Administrator Professional [Exam 70-646]
Our course objectives are subject matter knowledge and work-place applications. A book for each area will be provided along with practice exams, where available, to test your mastery. If you want to demonstrate your knowledge through certification, you may do so but that is not part of this course. Register at least 7 business days before the start of the course to be sure you will have your course materials on the first day of class. Expect an accelerated course with a lot of outside readings to prepare for your classes.
Required Preparation: Thorough familiarity with computer applications and Windows operating system. This is a highly accelerated course with a lot of outside reading.
Course Competencies: At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Configure Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory
- Configure the Active Directory infrastructure
- Configure Active Directory roles and services
- Create and maintain Active Directory objects
- Maintain the Active Directory environment
- Configure Active Directory Certificate Services
- Configure addressing and services
- Configure names resolution
- Configure network access
- Configure file and print services
- Monitor and manage a network infrastructure
- Plan for server deployment
- Plan for server management
- Monitor and maintain servers
- Plan application and data provisioning
- Plan for business continuity and high availability
Certificate of Professional Development
Cost of Program
3195.00 – "Do I have to pay this?"
About This Provider
Honolulu Community College
Offering training in City & County of Honolulu
— see all programs from this provider
Description of School
Two-year public college
Accreditation and/or Licensing Agency
Member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Fully accredited since 1970 by Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Financial Aid Options
Visit http://www2.honolulu.hawaii.edu/?q=node/15 for the latest information and instructions about financial aid.
This provider is accessible to people with disabilities.
This provider does offer job placement services to its students.
Janis Dela Cruz, Admissions Office
874 Dillingham Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96817
ETP Approval Dates
Last Approved On: July 1, 2017
Valid Through: June 30, 2019