jQuery Mobile - Not Just the Basics
@ Honolulu Community College
Why learn jQuery Mobile? Because you can forget about learning all the programming languages that help you build mobile apps for a specific mobile platform. And that's just for starters. In this course, you will learn to create a rich mobile Web experience with apps that are optimized to run on nearly every phone, tablet, desktop, and e-reader device available today. Responsive design is a hot topic where you will learn to adapt the layout for optimal viewing with fluid grids and flexible images.
Upon completion of this hands-on course, you will know:
- The unique features of jQuery Mobile
- Core features of jQuery Mobile including page structure, navigation, form elements, lists, and grids
- Themeable designs
- jQuery Mobile API including data attributes, methods, and events
- Integration of Web services such as Google Maps and geo-location into your jQuery Mobile apps
- Extending jQuery Mobile with PhoneGap for distribution to an app store or to access device functionality
- Applying jQuery Mobile to specific cases including iOS and Android apps
This course is appropriate for Web designers and developers who want to get into the mobile market and upgrade and retool their mobile app development skills.
Course Competencies: At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the unique features of jQuery Mobile
- Identify the core features of jQuery Mobile including page structure, navigation, form elements, lists, and grids
- Utilize Themeable designs
- Utilize jQuery Mobile API including data attributes, methods, and events
- Integrate Web services such as Google Maps and geo-location into your jQuery Mobile apps
- Extend jQuery Mobile with PhoneGap for distribution to an app store or to access device functionality
- Apply jQuery Mobile to specific cases including iOS and Android apps
Certificate of Professional Development
Cost of Program
895.00 – "Do I have to pay this?"
About This Provider
Honolulu Community College
Offering training in City & County of Honolulu
— see all programs from this provider
Description of School
Two-year public college
Accreditation and/or Licensing Agency
Member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Fully accredited since 1970 by Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Financial Aid Options
Visit http://www2.honolulu.hawaii.edu/?q=node/15 for the latest information and instructions about financial aid.
This provider is accessible to people with disabilities.
This provider does offer job placement services to its students.
Janis Dela Cruz, Admissions Office
874 Dillingham Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96817
ETP Approval Dates
Last Approved On: July 1, 2017
Valid Through: June 30, 2019