@ Honolulu Community College
CCNA Security equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare for entry-level security specialist careers. This course is a hands-on, career-oriented e-learning solution that emphasizes practical experience. CCNA Security is a blended curriculum with both online and classroom learning. This is a good course to take after Security+ for people who want more in-depth, hands-on network security training.
This course aims to develop an in-depth understanding of network security principles as well as mastery of the tools and configurations available. The following tools are covered:
- Protocol sniffers/analyzers
- TCP/IP and common desktop utilities
- Cisco IOS software
- Cisco VPN client
- Packet Tracer (PT)
- Web-based resources
The predominant lab types are procedural, skills integration challenges, troubleshooting, and model building. Most chapters include Packet Tracer-based skills integration challenges that are cumulative throughout the course, allowing for an exam-like culminating activity at the end of the course.
All hands-on labs in the course are completed on actual physical equipment or in conjunction with the NDG NETLAB solution and include activities that emphasize networking implementation. Required Preparation: Completion of CCNA 1 through 4 OR CCNA certification OR equivalent knowledge and experience. Must have access to a computer with Windows as well as Internet access outside of class to complete assignments.
Course Competencies: At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the components of a comprehensive network security policy that can be used to counter threats against IT systems, within the context of a security policy lifecycle.
- Develop and implement security countermeasures that are aimed at protecting network elements as part of the network infrastructure.
- Deploy and maintain threat control and containment technologies for perimeter security in small and midsize networks.
- Describe secure connectivity strategies and technologies using VPNs, and configure site-to-site and remote access VPNs using Cisco IOS features.
Certificate of Professional Development
Cost of Program
1225.00 – "Do I have to pay this?"
About This Provider
Honolulu Community College
Offering training in City & County of Honolulu
— see all programs from this provider
Description of School
Two-year public college
Accreditation and/or Licensing Agency
Member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Fully accredited since 1970 by Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Financial Aid Options
Visit http://www2.honolulu.hawaii.edu/?q=node/15 for the latest information and instructions about financial aid.
This provider is accessible to people with disabilities.
This provider does offer job placement services to its students.
Janis Dela Cruz, Admissions Office
874 Dillingham Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96817
ETP Approval Dates
Last Approved On: July 1, 2017
Valid Through: June 30, 2019