CCNA 3: Scaling Networks
@ Honolulu Community College
This course helps you develop an in-depth understanding of how switches operate and how they are implemented in the LAN environment for small and large networks. Beginning with a foundational overview of Ethernet, this course provides detailed explanations of LAN switch operation, VLAN implementation, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), Inter-VLAN routing, and wireless network operations. You will analyze, configure, verify, and troubleshoot VLANs, RSTP, VTP, and wireless networks. Campus network design and Layer 3 switching concepts are introduced. As with other Cisco Academy courses, hands-on labs reinforce theories learned through online curriculum.
Required Preparation: Knowledge and abilities comparable to completion of CCNA 2. Must have access to a computer with Windows as well as Internet access outside of class to complete assignments.
Course Competencies: At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Configure and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operations for IPv4 and IPv6
- Describe the operations and benefits of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Configure and troubleshoot STP operations
- Describe the operations and benefits of link aggregation and Cisco VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP)
- Configure and troubleshoot VTP, STP, and RSTP
- Configure and troubleshoot basic operations of routers in a complex routed network for IPv4 and IPv6
- Discuss Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol (single-area OSPF and multi-area OSPF)
- Describe Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP)
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced operations of routers and implement RIP, OSPF, and EIGRP routing protocols for IPv4 and IPv6
- Manage Cisco IOS Software licensing and configuration files
Certificate of Professional Development
Cost of Program
1295.00 – "Do I have to pay this?"
About This Provider
Honolulu Community College
Offering training in City & County of Honolulu
— see all programs from this provider
Description of School
Two-year public college
Accreditation and/or Licensing Agency
Member of the American Association of Community Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Fully accredited since 1970 by Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Financial Aid Options
Visit http://www2.honolulu.hawaii.edu/?q=node/15 for the latest information and instructions about financial aid.
This provider is accessible to people with disabilities.
This provider does offer job placement services to its students.
Janis Dela Cruz, Admissions Office
874 Dillingham Boulevard
Honolulu, HI 96817
ETP Approval Dates
Last Approved On: January 1, 2013
Valid Through: June 30, 2016