Become an Eligible Training Provider (ETP)
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Eligible Training Provider for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and the state of Hawaii. We appreciate your willingness to assist the people of Hawaii in pursuing their career training goals.
Becoming an ETP is seen as a long-lasting, mutually-beneficial partnership between the training provider and the state of Hawaii. As such, the approval process is not instantaneous and should not be considered a way to quickly fill empty seats. To get started, do the following:
Step 1: Understand the Basics
- WIOA establishes requirements that training providers must meet in order to be eligible to receive adult or dislocated worker funds for training services and to be placed on the state's "Eligible Training Providers" list.
- Providers must submit an application to their Local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) for the training program(s) they wish to offer.
- Providers are eligible only for programs that qualify and are approved.
- LWDBs receive all applications, then review and approve (or disapprove) the applications. If approved, the LWDB will then forward the eligible provider and list of programs to the state of Hawaii for final approval.
- The State maintains and disseminates the official statewide list of training providers and programs (hint: this website is the official list).
- Standards for performance are set by the state and the LWDBs. Providers must submit cost and performance information on all individuals participating in their programs.
- In rare cases, providers can become ineligible and taken off the "Eligible Training Providers" list for several reasons, including failure to meet standards, submitting inaccurate information, or other violations of WIOA requirements.
Step 2: Submit the Application
Call the appropriate LWDB and ask for an ETP application. They will email you the application. Fill out the form, collect all the information and documents needed, and then submit the application to the LWDB.
The Local Workforce Development Board (WDB) in your county will be your main point of contact for the WIOA ETP program. Contact an LWDB representative using the information below to discuss how things will progress from your application submission through the rest of the process. Note: If you would like to provide training in more than one county, you will need to submit an application to each county and work with each county’s WDB in which you'd like to provide training.
If you're on O'ahu, contact:
Oahu Workforce Development Board
City & County of Honolulu
715 South King Street, Suite 211
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 768-5889
If you're in Hawai'i County, contact:
Office of Housing and Community Development
County of Hawaii
50 Wailuku Drive
Hilo, HI 96720
Phone: (808) 961-8379
If you're in Kaua'i County, contact:
Office of Economic Development
County of Kaua'i
4444 Rice Street, Suite 200
Lihue, HI 96766
Phone: (808) 241-4950
If you're in Maui County, contact:
Office of Economic Development
County of Maui
2200 Main Street, Suite 305
Wailuku, HI 96793
Phone: (808) 270-8225
Step 4: Get an ETP Website Account
After you've submitted your ETP application and talked with your LWDB, you can request your ETP website account. Once you're approved this will be your primary way to manage your provider and training program information for the official ETP list and website.
Note: Please remember that you must have already submitted the application from step 2 and been approved by the LWDB prior to requesting an ETP website account. Information you submit will not appear on this website until it has been reviewed and approved by ETP representatives at both the county and state levels.