|Find a One-Stop
||Become an ETP
||About the WIA||Data Limits
To become an eligible training provider (ETP), do the following:
Understand the basics:
- WIA establishes requirements that training providers must meet in order to be eligible to receive adult or dislocated worker funds for training services and to be placed on the State "Eligible Training Providers" list.
- Providers must submit an application to their Local Workforce Investment Board (LWIB) for the training program(s) they wish to offer.
- Providers are eligible only for the programs for which they qualify.
- The LWIBs receive all applications. They review and approve (or disapprove) the applications and forward the list of eligible providers and programs to the State of Hawaii.
- The State compiles a list from all LWIBs, double-checks information submitted by the training providers, and disseminates a statewide list through the Kumu A'o Eligible Training Provider (ETP) website (hint: that's this site).
- Standards for performance are set by the State and the LWIBs. Providers must submit cost and performance information on all individuals participating in their programs.
- Programs and providers can become ineligible and taken off the "Eligible Training Providers" list for several reasons, including failure to meet standards, submitting inaccurate information, or other violations of WIA requirements.
Read and complete the Eligible Training Provider (ETP) application and collect the materials you'll need to submit with the application.
For instructions and FAQs about completing the application, visit the City & County of Honolulu's webpages.
Contact the representative for the county in which you'd like to provide training. If you would like to provide training in more than one county,
you will need to submit separate applications to and get approvals from each county in which you'd like to provide training.
|If you're on O'ahu, contact:||Derek Chinen, Planner
Oahu Workforce Investment Board
715 South King Street, Suite 211
Honolulu, HI 96813
Tel: (808) 768-5889
|If you're in Hawai'i County, contact:||Kathleen Nielson
Office of Housing and Community Development
County of Hawaii
50 Wailuku Drive
Hilo, HI 96720
Tel: (808) 961-8379
|If you're in Kaua'i County, contact:||Ka'eo Bradford
Office of Economic Development
County of Kaua'i
4444 Rice Street, Suite 200
Lihue, HI 96766
Tel: (808) 241-4950
|If you're in Maui County, contact:||Roland Prieto
Office of Economic Development
County of Maui
2200 Main Street, Suite 305
Wailuku, HI 96793
Tel: (808) 270-8225
After you've submitted your ETP application and talked with the appropriate county representative, you can submit your data to be reviewed and added to this website. Click here to access the web form to submit your participant data. Note: Your data will not appear on this website until it has been reviewed and approved by the appropriate county representative.
This website is managed by the Workforce Development Council, an attached agency of the State of Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
To report functionality issues, email Eric Butler at email@example.com